background

Saturday, February 2, 2013

January

 Bryant thought this was such a funny sight, he had to grab the camera and get a picture of it.  We live in such an electronic world!
 Can I just say this month has been killing me?!?!?  The weather has been so so so awful.  Mike's parents and lived here their whole lives and they can't remember a worse winter.  It's not just one thing, it's everything combined:  the deep snowfalls, the freezing temps, the ice, and the inversion/pollution which makes it so yucky and gray!  All of these things were relentless in January.  The kids had fun sledding here, it was New Years day, but the high was 22 degrees.  Our faces were freezing off!  I didn't bring the babies.
 They had lots of fun sledding with their cousins.


 Here I am with Jodi, Mike's sister.  She is pregnant with baby number 4!  She is having another girl.  We are so happy for them!  Jodi is the cutest, funnest person.  I love hanging out with her.  She is easy to talk to and always makes me laugh!
 I love this picture of Tommy trying to pull off this hat Erica put on his head.  Check out the next pic.

 What a cute baby!  I don't mean this in a bad way, but when he was an infant, Mike and I agree that we never imagined him looking this cute when he got bigger!  We can't quit kissing him!  He loves to laugh and laugh really hard and long.  It's so cute!  He also loves to run across the room going "uhuhuhuhuh".  I hope you can imagine that, it's adorable!

 He's turning into a little Michael!  I told Mike that this is how I picture him acting and looking as a baby.

 Here he is attempting to eat one of his first bowls of yogurt all on his own.  I'm so glad there is a bib there!
 Oh, now here's our Emmy Doll!  She said "Erica" yesterday two times as she handed Erica her mittens and shoes for school.  It was the cutest.  Erica melted and Bryant said, "Hey, she hasn't said my name yet!"  She found this pink hat and put it on and ran around the house.
 Oh, Little Love!  Look at all those teeth!  She has a smile that lights up the room and the world for us.  She is always smiling.  If she hears music anywhere she immediately starts dancing.  She has done this since she was just a few months old. 
 I call him Tommy Bear these days.  I just want to bear hug him all the time and he likes to snuggle, so Tommy Bear fits.
 Here they are with Vivi, one of their favorite people.  They love Vivi and immediately run to her and hug her when she comes over.  It's the best!  Vivi went to Brazil for a month during the holidays and she was worried they wouldn't recognize her when they got back, boy was she wrong!  Emmy ran right up to her!  Tommy hung back for a little bit and then warmed up very quickly.  I told her they did the same thing with me when I got home from Vegas and it was only 4 days!
 Happy Happy Birthday Vivi!!!  Ruthie got in touch with me and said she wanted to do a birthday lunch for Vivi.  We had it here and at lots of great food...baked ziti, spinach salad, good bread, and an awesome chocolate brownie cake.  It was Vivi, Maria, Ruthie, Jennie and me!  We all love Vivi.  She is such a fun, caring, genuine, good person!  We all adore her.
Emmy loves to pull her bib off.  The only ones that really stay on are the ones you tie around her neck.  She has taught Tommy how to do this trick!  I've even used a powerful clamp and they can pull it off with that too.  They can also open all the doors in the house now.  Yikes!!  I found them playing in the garage in the dark!  I found them coming out of the attic.  They can now get in the bathroom and when they do...Tommy stirs the toilet and Emmy unravels the toilet paper.  They are quite a pair!  They really like staying together.  They play together all day.  This last week Emmy woke up from her nap before Tommy.  I was holding Emmy and we opened Tommy's door to check on him but he was still sleeping, so I closed the door.  Emmy had such a fit, she was so unhappy about leaving her friend there.  She screamed until I distracted her!  It was really cute.  I'm glad they love each other so much.

1 comment:

  1. I am all caught up now: Super bummer about the burglary. The goblet in the sink is way creepy.

    The kids are so cute and it looks like you are really enjoying living by family there!

    It's so awesome that you were able to take a couple's trip to Vegas. Dan and I used to watch Cirque de Soleil (sp?) shows on Bravo when we had cable. They used to be on all the time. We'll have to see one live one day.

    ReplyDelete