background

Monday, April 23, 2012

Bryant's Birthday Party

 Bryant's 7th Birthday party was the easiest one I have ever done, by far.  I needed easy this year.  He really wanted to go to the bowling alley.  I told him that would be great if he had 8 kids invited total, that included him and Erica.  I just didn't think we could keep track of more than 8 kids at a bowling alley!  Well, as you can see from the picture below he wanted a few more than 8 kids, so we had his party at our house.  Bryant isn't your "model" birthday party kid.  He doesn't like cake and he doesn't like birthday party games very much.  It was from 5:30-8:00, just pizza & apples, rootbeer floats, presents, and a movie!  His movie choice made me laugh, "Beauty and the Beast"!  I tired to help him out by suggesting other, newer movies, but nope, he was sure this is what he wanted.  I was worried half the party would be bored with the movie, but everyone but 4 kids watched the whole time!  The four kids who didn't want to watch played hide and go seek upstairs.   At church the next day a couple of parents said that their kid asked to have the same birthday party Bryant had.  Bryant had a great time and that's all that really mattered.
Bryant's t-shirt says "I am a big brother."  The hospital in OH where Tommy and Emmy were born gave it to him and he loves wearing it.  I told him to run upstairs and put on a nice birthday party shirt, when this is what he came down wearing I just had to smile.  (:

2 comments:

  1. seriously, i am laughing! he's just adorable. i mean handsome... (he probably thinks he out grew the word "adorable" by now!) what a fun party! and i love 'beauty and the beast!' happy birthday bryant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the BEST party ever!!! hahaha, my boys keep saying it's lame the girls keep picking Beauty and the Beast but then they're STUCK LIKE GLUE watching it after it's picked.

    ReplyDelete