background

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Party for Mike

 So you are probably wondering why Mike's birthday party was on August 7th when his birthday was way back in June!!!  Well, many reasons but the main one was our yard.  We wanted to get it in tip top shape.  This entire summer was yard projects.  We did a lot to it with the help of many workmen.  In a nutshell we overhauled all the beds and curbed them and refilled them.  We planted 13 more trees and laid quite a bit of cement.  In this picture our garden is on the right and our tomatoes went gang busters this summer.  They are soooooo good.  I don't know how we will ever go back to the store bought ones in the winter.  Oh, and I must say the garden this summer is thanks to Mike.  I helped him plant it and then I weeded it twice, otherwise he has done it all.
 Here is our spread of food.  We had sparkly "40" decor everywhere hanging from the windows and trees and on the tables.  I served all Mike's favorite treats and candies.  Then we had some savory things too.  What drinks did we have?  Water and milk!  Mike's requests!  He said milk is the best with treats and he's right.(:
 This isn't a great pic but I had to include it because it was the hit of the party!  It's a bounce house that we rented.  The kids had such a great time.  The parents were happy because their kids were either in the bounce house or on the swing set and they could talk!  It was perfect and Mike's idea!  I wish I knew how many people came, it was a LOT!  I had a ton of food and there were some leftovers but not as many as I thought there would be.
Here we all are before the partay!  Vivi took this picture.  She came and helped me that night and she was a life saver.  It made the party a lot funner for me because she was there helping with the babies and the food.  Emmy is sucking on my lip gloss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment