background

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

 For the 4th this year Erica, Bryant and I walked in the Millcreek parade.  Our extended family on Mike's side does a float every year.  This year the float featured Mike's cousin's daugher, Annie, who has cancer.  I think it's a sarcoma on the roof of her mouth.  She is in the middle of treatment and she is so young, just 5!  So our float was a huge sunshine with a banner that said "The sun'll come out tomorrow for a cancer free Annie."  Annie rode on the float looking so cute.  We all wore these bright yellow t-shirts and walked behind the float throwing candy.  Erica also wore a sunshine tutu skirt with all the girls.  As our float went by everyone cheered Annie on, it was great!  The kids really liked throwing the candy!
That evening we had two families of friends over, the Johnsens and Farnsworths, for a BBQ.  We started out with the kids playing in the sprinklers and on a slip-n-slide.  Then we had food, then ended with fireworks and sparklers and pop-its.  It was a really fun evening.  Thanks for coming friends!!
 Emmy Doll, getting tickled in her 4th of July outfit!
 I said to Mike that her hair is a little firework!  She is getting lots of curls in the back, it's my favorite.
 Here they are!  Isn't it cute how they spontaneously put their hands on each other?
 Tommy Boy!  Bright eyed and bushy tailed!
 I think they look soooooo cute after their baths!  We call them little gnomes with their pointed hoods.
 I am just starting to bathe them together.  They are finally getting very steady in the slippery tub so I feel like I can keep a handle on the two of them together.  They love being in there together!!

Erica's best friend Clara was baptized on July 7th.  We raced back from the cabin to be there for her baptism.  It was a special day for Clara.  Thanks for all the good times Clara, what would our lives be without you?!  She is a fun, spunky, creative little friend.  Erica adores her.

1 comment:

  1. Heather -
    Stumbled upon your blog tonight and I wanted to say hi! It is so good to see pictures of you and Mike and your beautiful kids! I hope life is treating you well. Erik and I just moved back to NC where he is doing a CT fellowship at Duke. One more year and we're done! Of course, handling the fellowship schedule with 4 kids is not at easy as doing residency with 2 or a deployment to Afghanistan with 3. I just hope I survive the year! But - it's only a year.

    Here's my contact info. I would love to hear from you! shelbycondon@gmail.com
    1001 Jewel Stone Ln
    Morrisville, NC 27560
    336-577-4488

    ReplyDelete